Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Why Santeclaus?

Where in the world did this crazy lady's wonky spelling of Santa Claus come from?!

Admit it.  That's what you're thinking.  You've read Santa's Letter, and you're wondering why I'd make such a crazy choice.

No worries... other people are thinking the same thing.  How do I know?  Because they've asked me that very question.

Clearly, the Veil of Logic is at work here.

It's a good question, actually, and one I'm excited to answer.

In 1821, a story called The Children's Friend was published by William Gilley.  It may be the first published account of a gift-giving Santa.  It's a spectacular story (poem, actually), and has some wonderful illustrations.

But don't take my word for it!  Read it yourself, courtesy pastispresent.org!


No comments:

Post a Comment